Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ah Poop.

There comes a time when you have to take a moment to reflect on your life, where you've been, and how in the world you ever got into this mess. Such a moment happened to me this morning as I was scraping poop off of Tyler's crib slats this morning. That's right. A lesson learned: If your son wakes up in the morning and wines a little bit, followed by suspicious sounds and laughing, don't stay in bed hoping he'll go back to sleep for a half hour. Go in and check on him, because he may be smearing Poop Art (ha! My pun kills me!) all over his bed. I know that this happens to mothers all over the world, and I also know that those same mothers are proud to add another title to thier long resume- Poop Scraper. Ahh. For more of these and other mother lessons, tune in next time for a special Mother's Day edition of "Motherhood: Lessons learned". But for now, I'll move on to a less messy topic, Texas.

Jeremy's been training in Texas for the last few days. Therefore, I decided to fill my evenings with an episode or two of various scary shows and/or the thriller novel I'm currently reading about some serial killer who kills couples and dumps their bodies in the woods. This has inevitably lead to nights of staring up at the cieling and listening to every creek of the house or swish of the water heater. My imagination went wild with thoughts of somebody coming into my house and stealing us away, and then plans were made that involved the metal bat that's in our closet and swift blows to certain sensitive areas. It's good to be prepared. Needless to say, I'm glad that Jeremy's now home, if for nothing else but his bulging bicepts.

In other news, we're currently looking at refinancing our home to try to save a couple bucks every month. It's depressing to think about how much value our house has lost in this economy, and how cheaply people are buying houses for now. Sigh. I just can't think about that kind of thing, because you never really know what's going to happen to the housing market. What I do know is that trying to refinance is a pain, but hopefully in the end we'll save some money.

One last little thing I wanted to add. My twin brother Jeff and Jeremy's sister Melissa graduated from college last weekend! I just wanted to say congrats to them both!! It's been a long time coming for Jeff, but I'm proud of his stick-to-itiveness. Going to the graduation made me feel really super old. Because I remembered that I graduated from college 7 years ago. How did I ever get so OLD!? I don't know, but all I can say is, I make old look GOOD. Right? RIGHT?! ... -crickets chirping in the distance-...

3 comments:

  1. That's truly disgusting. :) Thanks for the in-depth view of Tyler's budding artistic talents. I admire his dedication to the arts. :)

    Just so you know, I also get really creeped out by scary movies, but I still watch 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's why we don't have children. Kelly doesn't like poop!

    I too have been having those scary thoughts and feelings while I lie awake at night listening to the house creak. Why do we do this to ourselves? Scary TV and solitude are definitely a bad combo!

    I was beginning to wonder if I should walk over to your house and see if I could smell rotting corpses or anything, but glad to know you are doing fine Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little late on the uptake here but through my laughter I have to tell you that "poop-art" is certainly a generational occurrance. As I read I was immediately taken back to a small house in Cleveland, Ohio where a small Jeremy was supposedly taking a small nap. Three other small children were at play with mommie when we heard some suspicious giggling from small Jeremy. Three other small children ran joyfully to get small Jeremy up out of bed but returned quickly to tell me that small Jeremy, his sheets, crib slats, and walls were covered in "poop-art"! So, after washing small Jeremy tip to toe, draining the bath water, and refilling the tub, all 4 small children splashed in the bubbly bath water while mommie scrubbed the sheets, crib slats, and walls. What goes around comes around.

    ReplyDelete